Sunday 12 December 2010

Christmas is Coming...

Laydeez and Gentlebents, welcome to another episode in Max and Millie's wonderful, if not ever so slightly mad world. The snow here in Saaaaarf East London has almost completely gone (I completely dislike the meltdown - having had one or two of those myself!) and we've now returned to moist, muddy cold....and now they're saying the freeze is coming back...oh joy!

Dad No. 1 and Millie when the snow was fun!

I am one of life's snow fans. I love the stuff and so does Max. I doubt he's ever experienced it before however when he went out for walks he got well and truly animated, his head would go down and off he would go "truffling" trying to pick up a scent. Our little man gets enjoyment from the simplest things, which brings a huge smile to my face. Millie would enjoy it more if she had more fur on her little body I think, but it doesn't stop her bouncing around like Pepe La Pew!

Daddy, is that a fox over there??? "Gggggrrrrrrrr"

Another reason for my liking of snow is of course that in December 2007, my Husband took me to the Swiss Alps and uttered those immortal words "Will You Marry Me?"......a day I will never forget!

The Day We Got Engaged...

Christmas has well and truly arrived at Devonshire Road.....the decorations are up, my Husband's baubles are out and the Fairy's dust has well and truly been sprinkled. All we need now is for Santa to give our nuts a good roasting and empty his sack!

The Tree

This is the puppies first proper Christmas (they would have been only a few weeks old last year) so they're being very much involved in the entire process. We got all the boxes and bags with the decorations out and I think the dogs thought we were moving out but it didn't take long for Max to stuck his nose in everywhere to find out what was going on (can't think where he gets that from!).

Max "Rudolf" McEllis

As I type, my Husband is currently giving the kitchen a 'Nigella make-over" and there appear to be more than one set of christmas lights being scattered around the room (and he's supposed to be the 'butch' one?!?!?!?!?!). However, it looks positively marvellous and festive.....all we need now is the scent of Glugwein wafting about the place and it will be like being in Santa's Grotto!

Millie "Santa's Little Helper" McEllis

Christmas 2010 is being spent in Cheshire at Nana Joyce's house and we're all very much looking forward to spending it with her. The puppies have a couple of lovely gifts and obviously there will be photos of Christmas morning for you all to see them enjoying themselves.

 Max wishing he still had baubles!

Rest assured more festive pictures of 'The Kids' will follow in due course as we make them endure more embarrassing moments with tinsel, lights and baubles.....well, you have to really don't you?!

I will be 41 next weekend - have M&M remembered?!

1 comment:

jillyb said...

lovely! great pic of dog and dad running through the snow!Jillx