Sunday 5 December 2010

2 Become 1

No, not the spiffing song by the Spice Girls, but the fact that our little 'uns have turned 1! 

Yes readers, Max & Millie were both 1 year old on 1st November!!!

You can't have a birthday without a cake (even if it is fluffy and squeaky!)

We had a small celebration at home, here in London, with both of them. They had a wonderful day (not that they knew anything was different apart from loads more toys and lots and lots of dog food treats!).

The Birthday Boy & Girl and their new toy

It's a little odd thinking of Millie as 1, as I always think of her as being that bit older, simply because we had Max from a little puppy, whereas Millie has always been the size she is, we've never known her any different, not that it doesn't make her any less special because she is, as are they both.....the little darlings (I will remind myself of this sentence next time they are both little shits, barking and creating at 3 in the morning!!!).

'The Kids' give their input to the blog!

We've had a fair bit of snow here recently and the puppies loved it, although Millie with her almost hairless tummy had to be carried home on a couple of occasions due to her shivering, the poor little mite.

Miniature Husky McEllis No. 1

Max on the other hand was nothing if not spectacularly happy that he had all this snow to play in, he was in his element, even if at times all you could see was his tail!

Miniature Husky McEllis No. 2

You may have noticed that the blog hasn't been updated since the end of October. This is for a couple of reasons, one being that I have had a minor spinal complaint which I hope to be treated for next week, nothing serious but I've been in and out of work over the last month, being unable to use a mouse or type (I cannot tell you how long this has taken to type due to the pain!)....the drugs have helped enormously and I meet with the consultant tomorrow morning to discuss treatment - and I'm back to work and I cannot wait (daytime TV is enough to send the sanest person over the edge!).

A painfully honest and illustrative picture of how I've been feeling this last month....

I've had a chat with my handsome Husband and he has given me the nod so that I can give a small update on the current condition of my fabulous Mother in Law, Joyce. As you may well know, Joyce was taken ill in early September with what we thought was a stroke.....It wasn't....Joyce has two cancerous brain tumours and is now terminally ill. I'm including this in the blog because she adores the pups, they adore her and apart from my own Mum, she's the most important lady in my life......a woman I love and cherish.

Max and his Nana earlier this year

Joyce has been in and out of hospital recently and alas, has caught one infection after another, which obviously has not helped her! She is now at home, receiving care from the family under the supervision of Matron 'Mag' Berry (John's sister), bless her.

Max looking after his Nana a couple of weeks ago

It is a very difficult time for the entire family, and of course, Joyce being Joyce means that she's nothing if not a fighter! Truly, I find it difficult to comprehend that the lady that was in the hospital bed is the same person as my wonderful Mother in Law, they are chalk and cheese to me, completely different people. My Hubby has been up and down to Cheshire as much as he possibly can and I can only imagine what must be going through his mind. 

Max and his Dad have a well deserved rest

There are moments when I wonder if I'm doing enough just 'being there' for him, and I've felt enormously guilty about being ill over the last month, it's the last thing he needs, but be there for him I am (in whatever condition!) and always will be. He's like his Mum, he's a fighter and he won't give up doing anything and everything he can to make her time as comfortable and painless as possible.

The Puppies looking after Nana last week

I will not be sad that Joyce is dying, I am and always will be very happy that she lived!

Yes, there will be and have been loads of tears (I am gushing right now!!!), but sadness will not help anyone. I'm f*cking angry that this horrid, vicious disease is taking away my  Husband's Mum, my Mother in Law. It has already taken his Father, my Aunt and tried to take my Mum....I HATE IT!

However, without the gorgeous Joyce I would never have met my handsome Husband and become part of the fantastic (if sometimes bloody bonkers!) Ellis Clan.

I shall leave you on an uplifting note, with a video of Max and Millie arguing over (and destroying!) their birthday cake.......enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've just had to get some tissues after reading that.
*BIG HUGS ALL ROUND* guys!

Paul x