Sunday 14 August 2011

Of Dogs and Men


Today, 2 years ago, Mr Ellis and I got hitched. It’s almost unbelievable that 2 years have already passed us by. It seems to go so quickly – getting older sure does make you realise how little time you have in which to do so much. Although it has only been 2 years, John and I have been together for 9 years in November, and it is this anniversary, as opposed to the Civil Partnership, that I recognise more. The CP was, for me, a ‘rubber stamp’ on our already wonderful, happy, slightly bonkers relationship and the ensuing party at Chestnut Lodge in Cobham rounded it all off very nicely indeed. And WHAT a party!


The Grooms and our gorgeous Best Women

People warned me before the day that I should try to remember to take it all in as it would fly by and be gone in a flash. They were right. It was! I honestly don’t remember half of it and looking at the photographs it makes me realise just how little I don’t remember!!!! I’d love to do it all again…perhaps a 10 year anniversary bash should be considered….. :-)

The BIG Day!


So here we are, today is our 2nd Civil Partnership Anniversary and I’m updating the ‘dog blog’. If you had told me on my ‘wedding day’ that I would have 2 dogs within a year of getting married I would never have believed you. Of course, as seems to be the norm in our house, I owe it to my Husband, my man, my fella, the absolute Love of My Life, Mr John Arthur Ellis (What exactly do I do for him?!?!?!?!?!!). He stood fast that getting dogs was the right thing to do, I of course um’d and ar’d, I gave reasons why we shouldn’t, we couldn’t, I wouldn’t, etc and still we got them.


Max the Puppy (not much bigger now!!!!)

In November the pups will both be 2 years old and again, I can’t believe how quickly that time has shot past. Max still looks like a little puppy to me, my little man, my faithful companion, my first born and what a little Star he is. J’adore Maximillian Sydney Bruiser McEllis with all my heart! 


Me and my Boy


Yes, there are days when I would really like to hand him back to Aunty Kay, but I cannot, will not and never will be without him, he is one of my ‘Kids’, most definitely a child substitute! He’s spoilt rotten, gets away with murder and generally behaves like a spoilt brat…….and I don’t care. We rescued him and I promised myself that he (and Millie when she arrived) would have a wonderful life…..and a wonderful life they DO have!


The Boys in Cornwall

On Tuesday Millie celebrates her 1st anniversary living here with us in McEllis Towers. It has, for want of a better expression, been a roller coaster ride with her. She came to us as a stray, having been running wild in the streets of London, scared, hungry and very insecure. The dog we rescued a year ago is nothing compared to the confident, happy, playful Millie we have now. 


Millie as a stray


Of course, as you have seen, she still has some issues to work through and recent events have set us back a little, but for the most part she is absolutely perfect. She is a very gentle, loving little dog, her bum wiggles like crazy when she’s happy and she’s always up for curling up in a blanket and having a cuddle with her Dads – sleeping is her favourite pastime! When her and Max play it fills my heart with joy and both me and the Hubby have huge smiles on our faces – our ‘Kids’ are happy……we’re doing the right thing.


Millie today

Wedded bliss really is just that, it really is. Yes, there are days when, quite frankly, I could throttle him and I’m sure he feels exactly the same, however I am more than very happy, it’s a struggle to find the right words to quantify my happiness sometimes. I have a Husband that I truly love and adore, 2 wonderful dogs, 4 naughty but lovely hens and a life that, all things considered, isn’t bad at all. Being the insecure, neurotic idiot that I am sometimes, (you probably haven’t noticed) I would never have asked him to marry me, being too afraid that he would have said ‘No’ and I would have been crushed…….I’m so glad he asked me….’No’ was never an option :-)


Us and our fantastic God Children, Jemima & Ferdi

This chapter’s music is not only performed by one of the best groups EVER, it is also featured in one of my favourite films of all time, Muriel's Wedding......I think the song says it all.....I'm off to sexually abuse my Husband....because I can....he's my Husband :-)))


I Love You
xxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

jillyb said...

lovely. so soppy. Congratulations to you all, man, dogs, etc.xxxx