Saturday 14 January 2012

Happy New Vet!

2012 has started pretty much the way 2011 ended.....quietly! For this I am very thankful as I am still not quite up for a 'manic hell for leather' personal life. It's nice at the moment to be spending my weekends thinking about doing lots of things instead of actually doing them. I'm sure it's a seasonal thing and when the weather warms up so will I but until then, allow me to indulge in a blanket, a dvd, my dogs and a comfy sofa....if Max and Millie can do it, why can't i?!

Snuggles

Did I mention that we were going to France for Christmas with the dogs and that we didn't go? Did I? We were going to be staying with our wonderful friends 'The ShazzaNackers" and it was going to be tres French. Anyway, as we didn't see them in France we caught up with them recently and the dogs received a little gift. A little dog shaped Parka coat. It's hilarious seeing it on Millie as she's a tad 'podgy' and it doesn't go all the way around, unlike Max who wears it with pride and it's a perfect fit!

Lady about town.....

They haven't been out in public in the parka yet as we normally walk them in the dark due to working, etc and what's the point of having a new coat to show off if no one can see it?! Talking of seeing the dogs in the dark, I've bought them both new flashing harnesses which, although functional, aren't as 'flashy' as I thought they were going to be but at least we can now see the little buggers when they're scampering around the cemetery at night - unless of course you're Maximillian Sydney and you run off and disappear for way too long and give your Dad a mild heart attack until you return with mischief written all over your face!

Mischief (un)managed!

Overnight and this morning saw the first real frost of the Winter arrive in London and across the country. How lovely it was to wake up knowing it was actually cold outside with ice on the top of the chickens' water and pond and the leaves coated in a prickly white glow. Hubby was at work today so me and the dogs went for an early long walk, stopping off at the new Neighbourhood Veterinary Centre (http://www.theneighbourhoodvet.co.uk/) opposite Peckham Rye to register M and M as we're not best pleased with the previous vet! What a place...very modern and stylish with a coffee bar and a decent pet 'toy shop' from which I purchased a couple of treats for 'The Kids'. I have high hopes for the new vet and I feel confident that they will deliver.

Words fail me!

All in all I think we walked around 4.5 miles and very pleasant it was too when you consider that every dog we met Millie wanted to rip the throat out of - there were a LOT of dogs on Peckham Rye this morning all gambling around in the frost so Millie had quite a choice! However, we had a really good walk and as I type both dogs are curled up in front of the fire unable to move as, thankfully, they are both absolutely knackered! It's a rare moment of peace and quiet in the McEllis household and I am enjoying it.

Frosty paws on Peckham Rye

Finally, Hubby is not well. He's gone and got himself a chest infection and apart from looking rotten (in a handsome, man-about-town sort of way) he sounds like a drag queen that's been on 60 Woodbine a day!!! Max and Millie are doing their best to give him medicinal 'doggy cuddles' and it seems to be working......

'Medicinal' Millie

I'll leave you with my current favourite record by a young lady that SHOULD have won the X Factor, but didn't - the fabulous, soulful Rebecca Ferguson and a track that has been remixed by the mighty Seamus Haji - turn it on and turn it up *hands in the air*...

No comments: