Sunday 6 November 2011

Anyone for 2nd's.....?

November is here already, how did THAT happen?!?!?! The evening darkness descends at approximately 4pm and we no longer see the Hens during the week, they have the sense to arise later on in the morning and we get home in the dark.....an almost depressing time of year but also one of beauty, colour and daily change as the trees shed their cloaks of leaves and become skeletons awaiting Spring's arrival and the promise of warmth and new growth.

London is pathed with Gold...

This chapter is brought to you by the letter 'M' and the number '2'. M is obviously for Max & Millie who both 'celebrated' (this basically means they scoffed loads of treats!) their 2nd birthday this week. It's incredible to believe that the dogs are now 2, they're still such little dinky things and I always think of them as puppies even though they are now officially adult, something I fear Max will never be in his mental state!!! As for Millie, I've always maintained that I think she's that little bit older, she could possibly be 3 in my mind, but as is the way with rescue animals, we're guess-timating and will never know the truth. No matter, we love, adore and cherish our animals, whatever their age.

Doggie treats!!!

M&M are, as always, spoilt rotten and received a card from Grandma (treats will be arriving with her at the end of the month) and a birthday 'cake' from their Dads made from chewy hide, something they love. Inside the cake were lots of smaller but just as scrumptious treats for them to devour. Is it any wonder that Miss Millie McEllis has increased in weight from 6kgs to 8.15kgs since we got her?!?!?!?! They've also got some Christmas 'outfits' which we are both responsible for buying them....I honestly cannot wait for December so that I can start taking pictures of them in their hoodies, fleeces, scarves and bells......oh yes, there are BELLS!!!!!!!

Christmas sneak preview........*excited*

The only small 'problem' with them having outfits is that when they have them on they each see each other as a toy, and therefore, you have the unfortunate issue of two dogs trying to rip and rag each other to pieces!! I say unfortunate, it's actually bloody funny and I will be getting video once we enter the festivities proper.......not that I am wishing November away but who knew dogs and Christmas could be so much FUN?!?!?!

We picked up some bargains at the Garden Centre....

The other '2nd' to celebrate is Yours Truly recently became a Runner Up in the "Britain's Next Top PA" competition 2011, which is run by Office Angels, a national recruitment agency. My wonderful Boss nominated me for the competition and I then promptly forgot about it - I never thought I'd get anywhere. So, a few weeks later, I received a call telling me I'd been short listed to the Final 20. I then endured (I hate them) a competency based telephone interview - "Give us a specific example of a time when...blah, blah, blah....". I was then short listed into the Final 6!!!! 


The Final took place on Wednesday 2nd November, held at De Vere Conferencing facility near the BBC offices in W1, and the evening (and announcement of the winner) was held at Gordon Ramsay's Claridge's restaurant (nice food!!!). Helen from The Apprentice presented the award to a fantastic, deserving lady called Lesley Knight, PA to the Chairman of Chiltern Railways, she ran rings around us, just an amazing PA!!! Yes, I was gutted, absolutely disappointed not to have won, however Lesley really was THE deserving winner. Although, I was the only male PA and the only London PA in the Final 6, so some achievement there methinks!!! Any Head Hunters out there.....do get in touch ;-)

John McKenna, Britain's Top Male/London PA!!!

Now, in the words of Taggart, "There's been a murder!", or should I say there's been approximately TEN murders!!!!!! In the last couple of days a creature of unknown origin or species has helped itself to the vast majority of our goldfish in the pond, even Mr. Swishy, the huge fantail that was here in the pond when we moved in over 8 years ago has gone....trés tragic! It seems a tad OTT to come in and basically empty the pond of just about ALL the bloody fish....obviously a well stocked larder that has now been well and truly plundered. If it's a cat, it's going to find its arse having an intimate meeting with a garden fork......I jest you not!

In Happier Times......!

As part of my Britain's Next Top PA goody bag I received a Kodak Play Full HD video camera which is rather brilliant. It's tiny with a itty bitty screen, however on playback the videos are very good quality and I can feel myself becoming addicted to recording anything and everything.....apologies to my long-suffering Hubby and the pups as they will no doubt feature in many of my 'captures'......! Anyway, judge for yourself on the quality by having a peek at the video below:

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3.....

Last and by no means least, Millie-Moo's passport is almost ready. Eight little paws are nearly on course for a Christmas holiday in France, woo-hoo!!! They will of course be travelling in their festive outfits *grin*

This chapter's music is all because we've been 'rolling in the celebrations' this week! Enjoy!

No comments: