Sunday 19 June 2011

Happy Father's Day

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!


I've always found today a little odd, it's a day I don't really recognise and so it normally passes over my head like a giraffe fart travelling on the winds of time. Having been without a Father, or Father figure, for the majority of my life it's not something I think about, it's not an issue for me, it's just not something I automatically think about. It doesn't stop me thinking about my Dad from time to time though...

Me and my Dad - early 1970s (I loved that Tiger t-shirt!!!!)

The Hubby lost his lovely Dad a number of years ago now. He was a proper Cheshire man, truly part of the countryside and all it stood for. He and his little dog, Penny would wander off up hill and down dale searching for the hunt, spending hours together. Jack had the deepest regional accent I have ever encountered......my fabulous Mother in Law, Mrs Joyce 'Nana' Ellis used to have to translate for me as I could almost never understand what he was saying, I'd just nod blankly at him like some dog in the back window of a car!

The wonderful Mr 'Jack' Ellis

However, today we celebrate all the wonderful, marvellous men out there who go by the name of Dad, Pop, Pa, Father, Daddy, etc. As you might have gathered from previous chapters, we are indeed Dad No. 1 and Dad No. 2 when it comes to the little dogs and so it goes without saying that we can legitimately celebrate and be part of today......I know it's sad, but I LOVE it!


Maximillian and Dad No. 1

I feel a little guilty today because Max and Millie "went shopping" and bought me two new Passion Flower plants for my Passiflora collection as a gift for Father's Day.......Max and Millie got Dad No. 1 nothing! There a couple of reasons for this - 1. I forgot, 2. When I did remember it was too late.....simples. However, to help put matters right and to divert attention away from this oversight (and to put a smile on his face) I have given Dad No. 1 free reign in the garden as a treat.....just this once, just for today......(Everyone loves a Happy Daddy!).

Me and my Bitch

Only 6 days to go and we will be here http://www.maisonlapeyriere.com/ with Dad No. 1's sister and her boyfriend for a week's holiday......it cannot come soon enough although alarm bells are now ringing in my head.......I've been told by my Husband that we're flying with a cheap airline and my baggage capacity is only 10kgs and it's got to be hand luggage only.......er, 10kgs is just shoes isn't it and let's not get started on all my hair care products!?!?!?! *EEK*

Max has a passport.....Millie's is "in progress"....

Grandma Celia is primed and has her coach tickets already and will be touching down in London on Thursday afternoon for a couple of days with us before we go to France.  I'll make sure Mum knows all the important stuff while we're away - emergency numbers, hoover, iron, polish and dusters, etc.....I hope the weather is nice for them while we're away - I'm sure Max and Millie are going to be spoilt rotten in our absence whatever the weather....!

Grandma Celia and Maximillian Sydney Bruiser McEllis

This chapter's music is inspired by Father's Day.....well, it's got Father in the title and that's good enough for me, so ner!

No comments: