Saturday 14 May 2011

Grumpy Old Man!

Yes people, it is true and I freely admit it, John Denton McKenna is one reeeeeeaaaaally grumpy old man at the moment.....I am not happy, I haven't smiled in days, cheerfulness has left me,  I am devoid of joy......and to add insult to injury, I am guilty of taking it out on the puppies. When we go out for a walk they're not spoken to, they're SHOUTED at and, although at the time I think it's justified, I end up getting home and feeling really guilty. When we do get home M & M are eager to get off their lead, out of their harness, scoff a treat and then they don't really want anything to do with me in the short term, but then why would they!?!?

Go away Dad, we're not interested!

At least my wonderful, handsome, ever-suffering Husband is still talking to me, although I reckon given half the chance he'd lock me in the shed at the bottom of the garden and tell me to get over it! Get over it I eventually will, but for now it's me against the dogs and in reality I think the dogs are silently and stealthily winning, which in itself is (sort of!!!) helping me out of my 'doom and gloom'. My only 'issue', if you can call it that, is Millie's absolute refusal to hear me or obey commands given by me, which just feeds the flames and stokes the fire of my negative mood....


Grumpy. Old. Man. aka Emperor Ming(er)


When we go walking and John takes Millie she is as good as gold, walking to heel perfectly and doing exactly as she is told, when she is told. She is his dog and she is devoted, which of course isn't the issue. When I take her for a walk she pulls and pulls and will not behave for me, will not hear me, blatantly ignores me and simply gets on with her own agenda....to Millie I am simply not there and will be ignored (unless I huff and puff and blow a gasket!).


Who are you???


John and I often joke that Max is my dog and Millie is John's dog and I suppose, in reality, they are. Millie is absolutely, completely and utterly devoted to John, it was John on his hands and knees in the woods trying to coax her out when she was a stray and it's John she looks for at home time. Max is Max and is happy with whoever but it's me that walks him and there are, I am told, comparisons between him and me in the mental department!!! 


Peas in a pod...


At the end of the day, there's only room for one Alpha male in the pack and Millie recognises him as John, and she is correct, he is the Alpha male, I just have to get over myself and recognise that I am, in Millie's eyes, not worthy. They give such unconditional love in the home, it's only when out walking that she ignores me, so what the hell is my problem....? 


I love my dogs and they love me (if I have food or a tennis ball!). 


Get over it McKenna!


We love you Dad!


The previous chapter of the blog mentioned the imminent arrival of Finley & Archie with Bella and Muffin from Ashtead. I am pleased to say that all went well and they all behaved themselves impeccably! Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures and the few that I did take are not very good. However, I am glad to report that there was no carnage, as was expected, Millie got on fine with the Boys and Max just played and played all day with them. It was lovely, not only for the dogs, but also for us to catch up with Bella & Muffin...a wonderful afternoon!


Millie in her new 'bling' for the Boys....

We also had Henry, Emma and James over for a BBQ on Sunday afternoon. Again, another corker of an afternoon, much enjoyment, great grub, laughs and sunshine. Henry had recently been in a bicycle accident and was attending with arm in sling and high on medicinal drugs. Emma, his long suffering girlfriend was on hand to give 'nursing care' as and when needed, while Little Brother James showed off a new 'do'.....looking very trendy in the process!

Max and his flat cap....


You will notice that there is a new addition to the front page of the blog called Max & Millie's Music. Click the play button to hear what the 'Little Darlings' are currently enjoying listening to. The track will change so keep checking in now and again for the latest additions. I will leave you with a video of happier times, when I wasn't a grumpy old man and enjoyed playing 'silly buggers' with Millie and Max.......enjoy....

The madness of Millie and Max!


P.S. We have Blue Tits nesting in the back garden and we can now hear the chicks calling for food......fledging chicks are imminent!!!

No comments: