Sunday 17 October 2010

Oh. My. God.....Children!

Recipe for Carnage

Take the following and mix generously with as much joy, excitement, fun, devastation and noise as possible for three days:

1 Bedroom Flat
2 Children
3 Dogs
4 Adults

Max in his new outfit courtesy of Jemima!!!

The family arrived on Thursday evening and returned to Cornwall today...what a fab few days it has been. We've had such fun, playing, going to the play park, the Horniman Museum. The children took great delight in collecting eggs from the Hen House and then enjoyed the fruits of their labours with toast soldiers.....The adults took great delight in the kids going to bed and enjoyed the fruits of their labours with alcohol!!!!!

Jemima, Ferdi & Uncle 'Digger'

Max & Millie deserve 5 stars for their conduct and behaviour throughout the whole weekend. Not only did they have the kids to deal, there was also Daisy, who would appear to be a 'super-sized' version of Millie with added tail.

Daisy.....or Millie really needs to diet!

Millie wasn't overly impressed with Daisy and took a bit of a dislike to her which is a shame as Max and Daisy get on famously and play and play and play. However when the going got tough Millie just ran to her Dads and took comfort hiding under one of us on the sofa.

Max learning the meaning of the word "share"...

Whilst the "Famille au Cornwall" were with us Dad No 1 was in Cheshire with Nana Joyce for a couple of days helping her buy some new furniture for the house and so it was I, Dad No 2 that was thrust into the melee that is our wonderful God Children....

 Uncle Pigger, er I mean Digger!

I think I was pretty successful in my God Fatherly duties.......the pink Princess Palace being the pinnacle of my achievements I fear (God Children's Dad, Lawrence knackered in the background of the picture below...I know how he feels!!!).

The things you do for your God Daughter....(I loved it!!!)

John and I are actually called the FGFs (Fairy God Fathers) and the kids are the FGCs (Fairy God Children). John is Uncle Evil (a long story!) and I am Uncle Dahlia (as I grow Dahlias) although this weekend saw Dahlia morph into Digger....so now I am Uncle Digger!

Uncle Digger at the Park with M&M....

We had a wonderful weekend with the FGCs and their parents which was made all the more wonderful when Uncle Evil returned from Cheshire to join in the fun, laughter and general full-on manic excitement that has been our home for the past 3 days. 

'Evil' and the 'Dark Empress'

The house is now quiet and peaceful, the puppies are sleeping, I am blogging and 'Evil' is relaxing....

Thank You Cornwall for a marvellous 3 days....let's not leave it so long next time!

Max's face says it all!!!

No comments: