Monday 30 August 2010

Keeping It SEASONal...

A couple of weeks in and Millie is doing well, very well....in fact so well that she went into season within a week of coming to live with us. When my Hubby told me I immediately thought it would be like a scene from a horror movie but it's been really easy, apart from whenever she sees a boy dog while out walking and then she goes nuts....she is, unfortunately, gagging for some boy action (resists the urge to type something unnecessarily naughty - this is, after all, a family blog!)

It's hard work being a bitch!

Max, having no nuts whatsoever is not bothered by this turn of events and continues to carry on in his own nutty way.....ok, no more talk of nuts! They have both settled down well together and I think until her season is over Millie is happy to let Max pull her about and basically trample all over her. Once she's out of it I think Maximillian is going to get a Millie-shaped shock!!!

A rare moment of calm in the McEllis household!!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't all been plain-sailing...in fact some days I've been more than ready to call Aunty Kay and insist that she take these miniature monsters away immediately!!!! We came home a few days ago and found, upon investigation, what used to be one of their beds, shredded within an inch of it's life on the dining room floor.....the look on Max's face says it all......

She made me do it Daddy, honest she did....

Millie has also followed in Max's footsteps and decided that flip flops make a darn good dog chew and so, without a second thought, a pair of Dad No. 1's have been 'remodelled'. Thankfully, the furniture and chickens appear to remain unscathed by this wave of destruction, although it has to be said that I am holding my breath on that one.....watch this space methinks. 

Apocalypse Now!

Before Millie (seems like an Eon ago!) I used to take Max for a walk in the morning around the block before work, followed by a run about over the park when we got home. Now that we also have Millie things have changed a little and they get a big walk in the evenings which incorporates the Park, Cemetery and surrounding woodland, which they both really enjoy.

Reason enough to take the dogs for a walk....what a view!

This morning (August Bank Holiday Monday) we took the pups for a walk to Peckham Rye to see the Sunflower Border they've planted there, plus it gave Max & Millie some really good exercise. It's so lovely down there, it was a little fraught for me with Millie being in season and us trying to avoid every boy dog we could see - it was dripping with dogs down there!!! I'm not looking forward to taking both dogs on walks on my own while Dad No. 1 is in Italy later this month......Volunteer Dog Walkers, please contact me *urgently* via the usual means!!!

Millie & Me 

All this exercise walking the dogs is knackering let me tell you, I feel like I've run a marathon over the last couple of weeks, however, if you take on a dog/dogs, you have to walk it/them, innit.....and so we do and it's lovely, even in adverse weather conditions I enjoy it, especially as you can do some damn good bird watching over Camberwell Cemetery while you're in there...tons of Ringneck Parakeets and Green Woodpeckers by the bucketload and little unidentifiable Warbler thingys (Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers continue to elude me).....and all right next door to the allotment!

Run, Forrest, Run......

I think, to close this chapter, what I'm trying to say is....I love my life, I LOVE it!!! In almost 8 years I've gone from single, to boyfriend, to engaged, to married and with 2 dogs, 4 chickens and 14 goldfish, an allotment, a lovely home, a great job, marvellous friends, a potty (but lovely) Mum and a truly, TRULY wonderful Husband who puts up with my trials and tribulations on a daily basis (who knew blogging could be so cathartic!!!!)

.......I might even say I like London one day, but let's take it one step at a time eh!!!

La vita รจ bella

No comments: